Redaksinet.com – Complete Tutorial How to Create WordPress for Beginners. Who is not familiar with WordPress? one of the CMS that helps you in the process of creating a blog or website.
Before there was WordPress, creating a website was not easy.
With the rapid development of internet technology lately, it has become one of the advantages for all of us.
Especially now that many people are looking for all information through search engines, especially from Google.
With a website, you can take advantage of this moment to share information, not to mention that it can be used for business.
WordPress.com VS WordPress.org
Before continuing, you need to know that there are 2 versions of WordPress, the first is WordPress.com and the second is WordPress.org.
Then what are the basic differences and which one is most suitable for your website?
please see the following discussion.
WordPress.com is the free version that WordPress gives you, if you have ever used the blogger.com platform then this WordPress.com blog is no different.
You don’t need to have a domain and hosting, everything is provided from WordPress.com for free.
You just need to register for free and choose a website domain name that suits your business.
What should be noted because this is free you need to obey the rules that have been made by WordPress.com, in addition to the domain name extension that you will get later www.yourdomain.wordpress.com.
There will be many differences in features compared to WordPress.org, but for those of you who are just starting to learn blogs or websites on WordPress.com this is enough.
Read also: Hosting Gratisan Terbaik Di 2021
WordPress.org is the full version of WordPress.com, you are given the freedom to manage your website with various features.
In addition, in terms of support, forums, themes and availability of WordPress.org plugins, this is very supportive.
You don’t need coding to have a good website.
For your domain, you are free to buy a cheap domain at a domain provider, in addition to your hosting capacity, you are free to determine according to your needs.
In addition, you are free to customize the website as long as it doesn’t violate the rules from Google.
Read also: Method Structured Annuity Settlement You
How to Create WordPress
Well on this occasion we will discuss how to create a free version of a WordPress blog with WordPress.com.
For those of you who want to create a self-hosted WordPress website, please open the article on How to Install WordPress on cPanel.
Before proceeding with how to create a website, make sure you have an active email set up.
- First open the WordPress.com website address then select ‘Start your website’
2. After that you will be asked to enter the user email, username and password. Take note of everything so that when you log in later you don’t forget. If so, please select the menu ‘Create your account’.
3. There will be 4 options that you can customize, namely Blog, Business, Professional and Online Store. Here we choose Blog to start a website from.
4. You will be asked to enter the category of your website, I gave an example of ‘Digital Marketing’, please fill it freely as you wish, click ‘Continue’ to continue.
5. Next you are asked to explain the name of your website, I wrote Learn Digital Marketing, this can still be changed later when it is finished, so you don’t have to worry about filling it out, click ‘Continue’ to continue.
6. You will be asked to write down your website’s domain address, make sure no one has it. We gave an example with the name ‘pojokdigitalmarketing’ which will later become klipdigitalmarketing.wordpress.com. Select the ‘Free’ section so you don’t have to pay, at WordPress.com it also sells domains and hosting like most other Indonesian Hosting providers.
7. The last step there will be a choice of various plans that you can adjust, select ‘Start with a free site’ at the top.
8. After that, you will enter the WordPress blog dashboard.
9. Confirm your email and launch your site to display your website on the Internet.
So that’s a complete tutorial on how to create a WordPress blog for beginners.